Friday 15 July 2011

The perfect day for a wedding

A friend of mine got married today and what a lovely day for a wedding it was!

She had a beautiful, princess-style gown. It got me thinking about the many different choices of wedding gowns that are on offer to us consumers!

I always dreamed of having a great big, white dress until recently when I decided that in fact I think I prefer the idea of a simple, grecian dress.

I have been drooling over some beautiful gowns online and thought I'd share them with you! Searching for wedding dresses made me appreciate just how lucky us ladies are to have such an abundance of choice!

I am about to post quite a number of gowns, but considered that you may enjoy looking at them just as much as I did!

I should mention that I do not actually anticipate getting married any time soon, I just like to explore and appreciate the different styles!




Looking at gowns such as these convince me that you cannot beat a ballgown style wedding dress... 


(Number 8557(
These gowns are from the Justin Alexander collection.




(8567)





Lazaro Ball Gown Dress from the Spring 2012 collection.




From the San Patrick 2012 collection

I love the lace detail on this dress, as well as the veil style - kind of reminds me of Rapunzel, making it all the more fairytale!






Acanto Silky Tulle Ballgown (Rosa Clara 2012)





Jim Hjelm Bridal Gowns (Number: jh8101)






Number: jh8117





Vera Wang Strapless Tumbled Tull Caged Gown 
(Spring Collection 2012)


Now onto the simple, but elegant grecian styles...   


Rosa Clara Hector Silk Voile Gown 





Harmoni Silk Voile Draped Strapless Grecian Gown





Given that I love the grecian style so much I thought it made sense to add this bridal dress from 'Mamma Mia'!

I love the simplicity, with the layers and then the gorgeous head piece. Not that the breath-taking scenery, with the iconic Greek music and romantic story have any influence on my admiration!  






I've always been intrigued by Indian weddings and their attire, so thought I'd add some images of Indian brides too!






The brides look so magnificent. I just love the rich colours and the henna designs are so intricate!

I think that my love for extravagant attire, along with jewellery makes me appreciate Indian brides all the more - they really do wear some amazing jewellery!



Which wedding dress style do you prefer?

Are there any wedding dresses from any other countries/cultures that you find beautiful and worth sharing?




18 comments:

  1. i'm looking forward to getting married mostly for the dress LOL.. but seriously, wedding dresses are amazing!

    couturelust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these dresses-especially the Vera Wang one. I am Indian, and I absolutely love Indian weddings-how elaborate and beautiful they are. These pictures you found are just gorgeous.

    xoxo
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the indian jewels! i would die for some of those bangles or necklaces!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at wedding dresses - and of course David Yurman wedding rings - is my secret guilty pleasure, so when I saw that you posted this, I died! I have been looking at these for about 30 minutes!

    Great post (:

    Much love,
    The Internet Garbage

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! The strapless dresses look so beautiful!!!
    xoxo,

    TFT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely dresses *drooling

    http://hippiegonemad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Vera Wang dress is fabulous! So beautiful!

    stylebymj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have always dreamed of a short style wedding dress much like audrey hepburns in the movie funny face ! So i can show off some fabulous shoes :)

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your style, this is so pretty!
    Follow each other?
    http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn! Now I feel like I wanna get married soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being an Indian, I am biased, and hence would naturally prefer the Indian bridal dress.. I had a beautiful Indian wedding with too much jewellery,lol..I think it was the best day of my life ;)

    visit my blog sometime, follow me if u like, i'll always follow back :)
    hugs
    Nelly
    www.massacredmascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou for your comments, glad you all liked the dresses as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh these are gorgeous! <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty weddingdresses:)! inspiration definitely:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!!I like your blog so much, and really great inspiration pictures!
    Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! great inspiration, amazing pics.
    We love your blog!!!

    xx K&M
    www.fashion-ache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your comments guys, glad you appreciated the dresses as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete